Friday, August 3, 2012

LOVES: Hometown Finds

What a wonderful Friday afternoon spent downtown with my Mom! Once a month or so my hometown hosts a "Market On Main" where vendors can sell their produce, art, + treasures. My Mom and I headed downtown to have some lunch and check out what everyone was selling. Honestly I just wanted to get some information about having my own booth next time to sell my paintings, but I ended up finding some AMAZING little unexpected gems. 

Every time I'm downtown I like to check out our new boutique in town, Awaken Boutique. The owner, Brianna, is constantly changing up her stock of affordable and trendy pieces so each visit is just as exciting. I snagged up some great black skinnies and a neon belt that is the perfect pop of color to so many of my future ensembles. I also couldn't resist some adorable ice cream cone earrings from a friend's booth. Before I left I checked out a booth close to our parking lot where I immediately noticed the cutest vintage camera that I purchased for a girlfriend of mine who collects them. Before I paid I took a quick look at some vintage jewelry and found the most amazing abalone shell necklace that would have just been WRONG to pass up. Don't you just love an unexpected treasure JACKPOT?! I sure do!

Thrifted vintage camera, vintage abalone shell necklace, neon belt - Awaken Boutique, DIY ice cream cone earrings - Ollie + Jay



No comments:

Post a Comment